The evaluation scores for the smart-home devices and their generated network traffic are available for download. The data is broken down into the network traffic generated during the manual assessment of the devices and the derived evaluation score sheet.
The evaluation sheet contains the evaluation data based on our methodology in a CSV format. The evaluation data is used to generate the scores found in the scorecards page.
- A copy of the CSV file can be downloaded here
The device mapping file is a CSV file that has device to local IP mapping. This information is useful when analyzing the pcap files to identify the specific device that’s on the network.
- A copy of the CSV file can be downloaded here.
To generate the evaluation sheet we manually assessed the devices and their components over a period of 10 days. The PCAPs for those 10 days are available for download below. Each file size ranges between 10GB-13GB in size. The dates for the evaluation period are from March 20, 21, 25, 2018 and April 10-19 of 2018:
Device Evaluation (March 20, 21, and 28)
Network Evaluation (April 10-19)
- April 10, 2018 - download
- April 11, 2018 - download
- April 12, 2018 - download
- April 13, 2018 - download
- April 14, 2018 - download
- April 15, 2018 - download
- April 16, 2018 - download
- April 17, 2018 - download
- April 18, 2018 - download
- April 19, 2018 - download
If you have additional questions, please contact us directly and let us know what you are looking for, we would be happy to help!
This initiative is based on the following research. If you use our published data we kindly ask you to cite our work.
- Omar Alrawi, Chaz Lever, Manos Antonakakis, Fabian Monrose; SoK: Security Evaluation of Home-Based IoT Deployments, To appear in IEEE S&P, May 2019.